英 [ni:] 美 [ni]
名词 膝; 膝盖
1. She mended the holes in the knees of his trousers.
2. She was on her knees weeding the garden.
1. Dallas Mavericks forward Caron Butler has been ruled out for the rest of the season after undergoing knee surgery on Tuesday.
2. Inter's win was soured by a right knee injury to Adriano.
3. They were deactivated by coach Pat Riley the day he began an indefinite leave of absence to undergo knee and hip surgery.
4. Pique will be sidelined for between two and three weeks, while club captain Carles Puyol is out for around a month after straining knee ligaments.
5. Scans Tuesday confirmed he had knocked a small piece of cartilage off the joint surface of the patella in his left knee.
6. Tiger Woods had arthroscopic surgery on his left knee Tuesday to repair cartilage damage, his second operation in five years on the same knee.
7. " Doctors will have to clean up the meniscus and repair a cartilage in my knee, " he told reporters last month.
8. He reluctantly abandoned running after he tore some cartilage in his knee.
9. In Kidd's operation, small holes were drilled in his left knee to form scar tissue that replaces cartilage.
Your knee is the place where your leg bends.
e.g. He will receive physiotherapy on his damaged left knee.
e.g. …a knee injury.
If something or someone is on your knee or on your knees, they are resting or sitting on the upper part of your legs when you are sitting down.
e.g. He sat with the package on his knees…
e.g. I sat in the back of the taxi with my son on my knee.
The knee on a piece of clothing is the part that covers your knee.
e.g. …jeans with holes at both knees.
If you are on your knees, your legs are bent and your knees are on the ground.
e.g. She fell to the ground on her knees and prayed…
e.g. She was on her knees in the kitchen.